How to improve your French ? No more confinement, no more curfew, no more masks outside … The return to normal life is well underway. Let’s keep our hopes up for good weather and wonder what to do in Paris this summer ?
Actually many Parisians are going on vacation and because of the Covid and travel restrictions a number foreign tourists will skip the summer season this year. The capital will therefore be much less crowded and more relaxed, which means easier access to monuments, museums, shorter queues.
From morning to night, the mild weather allows you to fully appreciate the city’s many parks and outdoor spaces. Whether you want to stroll along the banks of the Seine or go shopping, come and discover the many events and festivals organized in the “Ville Lumière” from July to September.
You can improve your level of French by making it part of your daily life.
Festivals are an opportunity to meet new people but also to take advantage of native speakers by exchanging with them in French.
FESTIVAL CLASSIQUE AU VERT AU PARC FLORAL – from July 3 to September 4
From June 30th to September 4th, the Parc Floral offers you his Classique au Vert Festival with free music concerts on the open stage of the Parc Floral, in the middle of the flowery nature… an opportunity to develop your French gardening vocabulary.
- 3 july 2021, 16h00 : DUO JATEKOK & ALEX VIZOREK
- 11 july 2021, 16h00 : CONCERT SPIRITUEL
- 17 july 2021, 16h00 : TRIO SŌRA
- 25 july 2021, 16h00 : PAVEL KOLESNIKOV
- 14 august 2021, 16h00 : PAUL LAY – Full Solo
- 21 august 2021, 16h00 : ORCHESTRE DE L’OPÉRA DE ROUEN NORMANDIE
- 27 august 2021, 20h30 : GAUTIER CAPUÇON, JÉRÔME DUCROS & HUGUES BORSARELLO
- 29 august 2021, 16h00 : QUATUOR MODIGLIANI & ASTRIG SIRANOSSIAN
- 3 septembre 2021, 20h30 : NIKOLAÏ LUGANSKY, LARS VOGT ET L’ORCHESTRE DE CHAMBRE DE PARIS
- 4 septembre 2021, 16h00 : ORCHESTRE FRANÇAIS DES JEUNES
FESTIVAL JAZZ À LA VILLETTE – from September 1st to September 12
Jazz is back at La Villette this summer with a wide range of music. With more than 250 artists and more than 40 concerts, this festival will be rich in emotions!
- 1st September 2021 : JEANNE ADDED / JOSE JAMES / BRUNO RUDER
- 2 September 2021 : FLAVIA COELHO / ANGELIQUE KIDJO / BLICK BASSY / CHEICK TIDIANE SECK / MANOU GALLO / JACOB DESVARIEUX
- 3 September 2021 : CECILE MCLORIN SALVANT / AMBROSE AKINMUSIRE / DAN TEPFER
- 4 September 2021 : LOUIS COLE
- 7 September 2021 : SHAI MAESTRO
- 8 September 2021 : THOMAS VON POURQUERY
- 9 September 2021 : GAUTHIER TOUX / NILS PETTER MOLVAER
- 10 September 2021 : ANTHONY JOSEPH
- 11 September 2021 : EL COMITÉ
- 12 September 2021 : JULIEN LOURAU / SELENE SAINT AIME / ANGÉLIQUE KIDJO
FÊTE DU CINÉMA – from June 30 to July 4
After a 2020 edition cancelled due to the health crisis, the Fête du Cinéma is back this year from June 30 to July 4! During these 5 days, each screening will be accessible – in the participating cinemas, that is to say traditionally the quasi integrality of the French cinema – at the unique price of 4€. It’s the time for you to improve your language level in addition to your French courses. Watching movies is the fastest and affordable way to learn French, with or without subtitles, so what are you waiting to reserve your place ? To improve your level of French even more and in a dynamic way : Lost in Frenchlation offers a selection of screening the latest French films with English subtitles.
OPEN-AIR CINEMA AT LA VILLETTE – from July 16 to August 22
How about a movie night in a natural setting in the heart of Paris? The Parc de la Villette hosts a big screen for open-air projections, film-concerts and special nights.The festival invites movie lovers to discover a new selection of films: musicals, thrillers, Disney, etc.
The National Holiday of July 14th is celebrated every year in Paris with fireworks, balls, popular a giant concert at the Champ-de-Mars, the military parade on the Champs Elysées…
LA FÊTE DES TUILERIES – from July 3 to August 29
The Jardin des Tuileries will once again welcome young and old for its annual funfair for two months, from July 3 to August 29, 2021. With its 60 attractions, it is traditional and family oriented. It takes place in the superb setting of the Jardin des Tuileries, between the Concorde and the Louvre Museum. We take advantage of this funfair to have fun with family in the heart of Paris.
SUMMER SALES IN PARIS – from Jun 30 to July 27
You are not too much into movies, museums or festivals? Don’t panic, the summer sales in Paris are on this month ! 4 weeks of sales just for you. Don’t miss some of the best places in Paris for your shopping spree/tour/ trip : the legendary department store newly reopened La Samaritaine for you to learn about the French fashion world with French As You Like It or Les Galeries Lafayette on Boulevard Haussmann, Louis Vuitton store on the famous Champs Elysées and the luxurious avenues Montaigne and Saint Honoré.
FREE MUSEUMS IN PARIS
Permanent collections of national museums and monuments are free for young people under the age of 26 who are nationals of one of the 28 European countries and for active primary and secondary school teachers.
Here is a selection of some museums with free entrance :
- Musée du Louvre – Paris 1er – Métro Palais Royal – Musée du Louvre
- Musée national Gustave Moreau – 14 rue de la Rochefoucauld, Paris 9e – Métro Trinité
- Musée d’Orsay – 1 rue de la Légion d’Honneur, Paris 7e – Métro Solférino / Musée d’Orsay
- Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine – Palais de Chaillot – 1 place du Trocadéro et du 11 novembre, Paris 16e – Métro Trocadéro / Champ de Mars – Tour Eiffel
- Musée national de l’Orangerie – Jardin des Tuileries, Paris 1er – Métro Concorde
- Musée national Picasso – Hôtel Salé – 5 rue de Thorigny, Paris 3e – Métro Saint-Paul / Châtelet – Les Halles
- Musée national d’art moderne – Centre Pompidou – Place Georges Pompidou, Paris 4e – Métro Hôtel de Ville / Châtelet – Les Halles
- Musée de l’Armée – Esplanade des Invalides, Paris 7e – Métro Invalides
- Musée des Arts et Métiers – 60 rue Réaumur, Paris 3e – Métro Arts et Métiers
- Château de Versailles – 78 – RER Versailles – Rive Gauche
- Musée national de Port-Royal des Champs – Route des Granges, 78 – RER Saint-Rémy-lès-Chevreus